How old were you when you had your stroke? 31
- Date of your stroke? 2/29/2016
- What general area do you live in? Sweet Home, OR
- Type of Stroke? Ischemic
- Any known reasons for your stroke? Pregnancy related 8 weeks at time of stroke.
- What were your symptoms? Balance issues having hard time driving on my side road.
- Were you administered TPA (Tissue Plasminogen Activator) within the first 3-5 hours of your stroke? No
- Where did you go for in-patient rehab? Eugene, Oregon
- Where did you go for outpatient rehab? Hospital in my area. Been at rehab for two months progressing slowly still walking with cane and AFO part of time. Arm function still not too functional to do daily tasks but able to work with weights to gain movement and muscle back into arm. I plan on doing a clinical study at OHSU next year which will focus mainly on arm function that’s been lost to regain it back. Wish me luck.
What are your biggest challenges/residual effects? Due to pregnancy recovery has been up and down currently resting at home till our twins arrive September then will start rehab again. Left side weakness I can walk with leg brace and cane, arm has slight movement
What is something you have learned that might encourage others?
Everyday a struggle being pregnant with twins lots HORMONES running through my body, my husband encourages me and our faith in God to get us through this.
What keeps you going now?
My babies I’m not able to do much now but in a few months I’ll be hitting up rehab hard for our girls they need strong and healthy mom.
Never give up no matter what! Trust in yourself and God.
What is something quirky/fun about yourself?
I’m known as a air head kind girl ditzy. Lol
What is your Instagram handle so others can follow you?
How did you hear about NOPW?