How old were you when you had your stroke? 45
- Date of your stroke? 3/01/2016
- What general area do you live in? Dublin, OH
- Type of Stroke? Veinous Thrombosis
- Any known reasons for your stroke? None.
- What were your symptoms? Severe headache for over 2 weeks. Then I lost my vision.
- Were you administered TPA (Tissue Plasminogen Activator) within the first 3-5 hours of your stroke? No.
- Where did you go for in-patient rehab? Ohio State Medical Center
- Where did you go for outpatient rehab? Texoma Medical Center
What are your biggest challenges/residual effects? Concentration. Some cognitive deficiency.
What was something that kept you going during your stay in the hospital that might encourage others?
Keep going. Don’t stop trying.
What keeps you going now?
Keep going. Don't stop trying.
- What advice would you give someone recovering from a stroke now? You are not alone. Don’t compare yourself to others that are recovering.
- What is something quirky/fun about yourself? While recovering all I wanted to listen to was bad movies. Grease 2 was the top of the list.
- How did you hear about NOPW? Facebook (@nopw_)