It was my first day of my job at a country club golf course. I was doing great and enjoying myself. The girl that was training me said it was time to call it a day after I just drove my first golf cart. We went into our bosses office. He just got done appraising me telling me what a good job I did. We were all standing. I had my Gatorade bottle in my hand and I had just finished a drink. The Gatorade was in my left hand.I tried to put the lid back on and the bottle slips out of my hand and it falls and It hits the ground splashing all over the place, I immediately try to pick it up and apologize as I was cleaning all day. I was told it was okay and I hear my boss say to my coworker for her to sit me down.
How old were you when you had your stroke? 15
- Date of your stroke? 03/24/2008
- What general area do you live in? Kansas City, MO
- Type of Stroke? I had a vertebral artery dissection
- Any known reasons for your stroke? Nope, maybe was just born with a small artery.
- What were your symptoms? I had numbness on one side of my body, a headache, vertigo and one side of my face was drooping. I was very dizzy and the room started to spin and then I started to get sick and then I had memory loss until the next morning.
- Were you administered TPA (Tissue Plasminogen Activator) within the first 3-5 hours of your stroke? No