I had two TIA’s before my major stroke. I fully recovered after both and was released from the hospital. I went home and went to bed because I did not feel good but attributed it to spending the night at the hospital, etc. It was that night that I had the stroke while at home in bed.
How old were you when you had your stroke? 30
- Date of your stroke? 11/9/2015
- What general area do you live in? San Diego, CA
- Type of Stroke? Carotid Artery Dissection
- What were your symptoms? What were you feeling during your stroke? I had a small stroke and a much larger stroke the next day. Symptoms of the first one were inability to speak and inability to move my right side. I was in the hospital for the second stroke. I collapsed and was completely unresponsive.
- Were you administered TPA (Tissue Plasminogen Activator) within the first 3-5 hours of your stroke? Yes
- Where did you go for in-patient rehab? I didn’t do in patient rehab.
- Where did you go for outpatient rehab? Sharp Memorial Hospital Outpatient Rehabilitation, San Diego, CA. I live in San Diego and my stroke team is from UCSD. I was in the Stroke Center when I had my big stroke. They were fantastic and there is no question that I would not be where I am now if not for their skill and expertise.