It was my first day of my job at a country club golf course. I was doing great and enjoying myself. The girl that was training me said it was time to call it a day after I just drove my first golf cart. We went into our bosses office. He just got done appraising me telling me what a good job I did. We were all standing. I had my Gatorade bottle in my hand and I had just finished a drink. The Gatorade was in my left hand.I tried to put the lid back on and the bottle slips out of my hand and it falls and It hits the ground splashing all over the place, I immediately try to pick it up and apologize as I was cleaning all day. I was told it was okay and I hear my boss say to my coworker for her to sit me down.
How old were you when you had your stroke? 24
- Date of your stroke? 11/04/2015
- What general area do you live in? Winona Lake, IN
- Type of Stroke? Ischemic
- Any known reasons for your stroke? Chiropractic adjustment to my neck which resulting in a dissected vertebral artery.
- What were your symptoms? Extreme numbness and tingling on my left side. Falling to my right. Nausea and throwing up. Double vision. Trouble swallowing. Neck pain.
- Were you administered TPA (Tissue Plasminogen Activator) within the first 3-5 hours of your stroke? No
- Where did you go for in-patient rehab?
The hospital I was admitted to.
- Where did you go for outpatient rehab?