How old were you when you had your stroke? 31
- Date of your stroke? 03/12/2012
- What general area do you live in? Springfield, MO
- Type of Stroke? Basilar artery/Brain stem stroke (clot)
- Any known reasons for your stroke? AVM
- What were your symptoms? What were you feeling during your stroke? Nausea and vomiting. Numb tongue. Vision was blurred. It was discovered afterwards that I had three holes in my heart – which allowed the clot to pass through to my brain. The origin of the clot is still unknown.
- Were you administered TPA (Tissue Plasminogen Activator) within the first 3-5 hours of your stroke? Don’t know what that is.
- Where did you go for inpatient rehab? Madonna Rehab Hospital in Lincoln, Nebraska
- Where did you go for outpatient rehab? Ability KC (Then Rehab Institute of Kansas City)
What are your biggest challenges/residual effects?
I can’t walk. I can’t talk. I am also unable to eat, and that’s a problem.
What advice would you give someone recovering from a stroke now?
I can do all this through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
What keeps you motivated now?
God, friends and family.
I can do all this through him who gives me strength.